When I first started Keto, sides were a challenge. This one is a recipe from my mom, who also started Keto with me. It’s a great side dish that’ll leave you full and happy.
1. 3 Large Eggplants, chopped
2. 2 4oz Bags of Salad Shrimp
3. 1 Lbs Ground Sweet & Spicy Italian Sausage
4. 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
5. 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
6. 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
7. Seasoning to Taste
8. 4 Tbs Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
*Sauté eggplant in 2 Tbs Olive Oil until soft. In a separate pan, sauté onion, celery, and garlic in 2 Tbs Olive Oil until soft. Add ground Sausage to onion, celery and garlic mix and brown. Combine all cooked ingredients in large pot, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salad shrimp and simmer for additional 10 minutes, adding seasoning to taste. Serve with your favorite main dish!